I’m not a fan of peanut butter. But knowing that the boyfriend loves it, I decided to try and make these no-bake peanut butter bars. Ah, the things you do for the people you love!
- 200g graham crackers
- Your favorite peanut butter
- Chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup butter
Yup, that’s all. These ingredients are easily available and doesn’t cost much. For the graham crackers, you can also use biscuits or other crackers of your preference. I used creamy peanut butter for a creamy mixture but feel free to use the crunchy variant.
- Crush the graham crackers until they are powdery. I used the blender in crushing my grahams. You can also opt to buy crushed grahams instead.
- Melt the butter and add it to your crushed grahams.
- Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter into the mixture.
- Continue mixing the mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread your mixture into the baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup of chocolate spread and 3 tbsp of peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate spread mixture on top of the graham mixture.
- For the swirls on top, add more peanut butter on top of the chocolate mixture using a small spoon or spatula. Just freely swirl and you’ll get there!
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for it to set.
- Cut it according to your preferred size and serve!
This recipe is super easy and hassle free because you won’t actually need to bake it. If I were to do it again, I will make the crust thicker to ease the sweetness of the chocolate spread mixture. Also, feel free to substitute ingredients!
Let me know in the comments when you’ve tried your own no-bake peanut butter bars!