Chocolate chip cookies are a crowd favorite and a comfort food to many! There are tons of recipe variations but it’s actually really easy to bake. This particular recipe just takes about an hour overall to prepare. Let’s start baking!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 chocolate bars of your choice (chopped)
1) Cream the butter. It’s best to have a room temperature butter before starting!
2) Add the sugar and mix!
After adding the sugar, your mixture should look something like this.
3) Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is incorporated.
4) Mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and baking soda. It’s best to sift the dry ingredients before mixing to ensure that there will be no lumps later on.
5) Mix, mix, mix!
6) Add the chopped chocolates!
You can add more chocolates if you want to, I actually added another bar of Hershey’s milk chocolate into this mixture 🙂
7) Wrap your mixture in a cling wrap and refrigerate it for AT LEAST 1 HOUR.
8) After cooling your mixture, take it out and form little balls of cookie dough. I measured approximately 1 tbsp for each ball.
9) Put your cookie dough balls in a baking pan lined with a baking mat/wax paper/parchment paper (whichever is available). Leave spaces in between the cookie dough balls, at least 2 inches on every side.
10) Before baking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake your cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until it’s edges are golden brown.
11) Let it rest before taking it off the pan and serving!
There you have it, chocolate chip cookies that are moist and chewy but crunchy on the outside!
Thanks for joining me in this baking adventure, stick around for more! Don’t hesitate to leave comments below if you have any questions or suggestions. Happy baking!